Our 2017 grant cycle is now closed. Please check back in late Fall 2017 for information on our 2018 funding opportunities.
COMMUNITY Focus Grant
2017 Total awarded: $52,500
Our Community Focus Grant is open to all nonprofits serving the residents and communities of western slope El Dorado County. By design, the Grant does not have a specific focus, thereby inspiring nonprofits to identify and address our community’s most pressing needs. Applicants may apply for up to $27,500.
2017 Total awarded: $18,000
Three grants awarded- up to $6,000 each in the following categories:
- Acorn Grants are for nonprofits that have never received a grant from Women’s Fund El Dorado;
- Human Services Grants provide direct support of human needs;
- Community Benefit Grants are for the arts, environment, community beautification, animal welfare, or community development.
Carefully review the guidelines outlined in our online application. If the Women’s Fund El Dorado interest areas and funding preferences are compatible with the needs of your nonprofit organization, please submit a grant proposal.
Grants are scored by our Grants Committee based on the following rubrics:
FAQ's and Additional Information:
Please review our calendar below for important details and deadlines.
- Community Needs Forum is held. At this event, speakers are invited to address our members and the public on the needs of our local nonprofits.
- Site Visit Committee begins their visits to previous year’s grant recipients.
- Request for Proposals are sent by email to all nonprofits on the western slope of El Dorado County.
- Bidder’s Workshop is held. At this event, all nonprofits on the western slope of El Dorado County are invited to attend. An introduction to the Women’s Fund El Dorado organization is provided, Requests for Proposal are reviewed, and any questions are answered.
- Grant Proposals Due
- Grants Committee individually scores each grant proposal, using a rubric for Focus Grants, and then meets as a group to finalize the scoring and create the official ballot.
- March 13, Ballot to Membership
- March 31, Final Day for Members to Vote
- Membership votes and grant recipients are chosen
- Site Visit Committee concludes its visits to previous year’s grant recipients and provides a report to the Cabinet. The report is placed on our website.
- Approval of ballot results by the Women’s Fund El Dorado Cabinet and the El Dorado Community Foundation Board
- Grant recipients notified of results
- Grants Gala is held to celebrate the year and the grant recipients
- Checks are distributed from the El Dorado Community Foundation directly to the grantees
Women's Fund El Dorado requires nonprofits receiving a Focus grant submit a written interim and final report documenting the effectiveness of the grant, including measurable outcomes, on December 31 and June 30, respectively. Nonprofits receiving an Impact grant are required to submit a final written report no later than June 30. We ask that each recipient kindly acknowledge our gift in press releases, on their website, and in their written materials. This recognition helps us grow our membership and extend our philanthropic reach within the western slope of El Dorado County.