(Formerly Community Focus Grant)
2018 Total to be awarded: $60,000
Our Inspiration Grant is open to all nonprofits serving the residents and communities of western slope El Dorado County. By design, the Grant does not have a specific focus, thereby inspiring nonprofits to identify and address our community’s most pressing needs. Applicants may apply for up to $30,000.
2018 Total awarded: $24,000
Three grants awarded- up to $8,000 each- Organizations may apply for any one of the following categories.Choose the category that best fits your application:
- Acorn Grant are for nonprofits that have never received a grant from Women’s Fund El Dorado;
- Human Services Grant provide direct support of human needs;
- Community Benefit Grant are for the arts, environment, community beautification, animal welfare, or community development.
Carefully review the guidelines outlined in our online application. If the Women’s Fund El Dorado interest areas and funding preferences are compatible with the needs of your nonprofit organization, please submit a grant proposal. All proposals must be received no later than 5 p.m. on January 26, 2018. An organization may only apply for one grant per granting year.
After receiving a grant in a prior year there is NO “sit out” from the grant process the following year. If you want to know which organizations have received grants from Women’s Fund, please click here to view past recipients.
If a nonprofit does not have an established western slope office, it may collaborate or partner with a qualifying organization. The qualifying nonprofit must serve as the grant applicant and the program/project’s fiscal agent.
Grants are scored by our Grants Committee based on the following rubrics:
FAQ's and Additional Information:
Please review our calendar below for important details and deadlines.
- Site Visit Committee begins their visits to previous year’s grant recipients.
- Request for Proposals are sent by email to all nonprofits on the western slope of El Dorado County.
- Grant Applicant Workshop is held. January 10th from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at EDCOE, 6767 Green Valley Road, Bldg. B2, Placerville. At this event, all nonprofits on the western slope of El Dorado County are invited to attend. An introduction to the Women’s Fund El Dorado organization is provided, Requests for Proposal are reviewed, and any questions are answered.
- Grant proposals are due by 5 p.m. on January 26.
- Grants Committee individually scores each grant proposal, using a rubric for Inspiration and Impact Grants, and then meets as a group to finalize the scoring and create the official ballot.
- Notifications to Ballot Finalist/Inspiration Grants to Prepare Presentation for March 8 Ballot Showcase Event
- March 8, Ballot Showcase Event
- March 8, Ballot to Membership after event
- March 31, Last day to vote
- Site Visit Committee concludes its visits to previous year’s grant recipients and provides a report to the Cabinet. The report is placed on our website.
- Approval of ballot results by the Women’s Fund El Dorado Cabinet and the El Dorado Community Foundation Board
- Grant recipients notified of results
- Grants Gala is held to celebrate the year and the grant recipients
- Checks are distributed from the El Dorado Community Foundation directly to the grantees
Women's Fund El Dorado requires nonprofits receiving a Focus grant submit a written interim and final report documenting the effectiveness of the grant, including measurable outcomes, on December 31 and June 30, respectively. Nonprofits receiving an Impact grant are required to submit a final written report no later than June 30. We ask that each recipient kindly acknowledge our gift in press releases, on their website, and in their written materials. This recognition helps us grow our membership and extend our philanthropic reach within the western slope of El Dorado County.